Frequently asked questions
The short answer is that you can be up and running on CerQlar within several days. In our experience, based on mutual signing of contracts, user training and the customization process, most customers are ready to go live on CerQlar within several weeks.
Your go-live date depends on your internal workflow. Your account is created instantly after your contract is signed. After this happens, you can start working on the platform straight afterward. In case your workflow requires extra customization efforts, our team will work with you to plan your specific case.
In the first phase, CerQlar covers the Guarantee of Origin (GO) markets. Other Environmental Attribute Certificate (EAC) products will follow, in line with customer priorities.
CerQlar is a subscription-based SaaS model and offers various subscription levels. Contact an Account Executive to learn more.
At CerQlar, we want to contribute to a world where sustainability is no longer just an ambition & where organizations have the tools to take climate action at their disposal. We enable businesses of all sizes to contribute to solving global warming & meet/exceed their regulatory targets by utilizing the different environmental products available within the carbon emission avoidance & absorptions schemes, by:
- connecting the disjointed service landscape
- minimizing the administrative burden
- making the process more efficient
- reducing the barrier of entry by lowering the cost & raising the level of knowledge
- Everything is hosted on the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) & the CerQlar platform utilizes many different managed services from GCP, such as: Google Compute Engine (GCE), GKE, Cloud PubSub, Cloud Secret Manager, Cloud Storage, etcetera.
- To support the scalability of the platform we use MongoDB Atlas as our primary storage for certificates.
- We deploy Auth0 to handle all the numerous aspects of signing in to the CerQlar platform, to ensure the best possible user experience.
- Customer passwords are handled by Auth0 (https://auth0.com/security), which controls platform access & is configured to enforce MFA.
- Customer data is located in data centers operated by GCP (Google Cloud Platform), which provides high standards when it comes to information and physical security), & trusted vendor cloud environments.
- The CerQlar platform uses Firewalls, IAP, BeyondCorp, amongst others, to ensure only allowed individuals/services have access to the platform.
- To provide data encryption at rest and in transit, features of GCP are being utilized. mTLS is used whenever the CerQlar platform’s own services communicate.
- When working with renewable energy certificates registries that have an API, customers provide credentials for those registries that CerQlar platform stores. We use Google Secrets Manager in order to store them securely. To guarantee extra security, CerQlar’s source code is automatically scanned for common security vulnerabilities.
The CerQlar platform uses a variety of datastores for storage & safety, using best practices architecture for safety & recovery. Data stored in the CerQlar platform is hosted in the Google Cloud & replicated to multiple data centers: If a server in one data center fails, the processing is switched to a replica server in another data center with minimal service interruptions. To manage customers information, we employ multiple levels of data protection:
- We encrypt all data transmissions with SSL security
- We use secondary in-database encryption for extra security
Best practices security are embedded into our services at multiple levels. From at-rest & in-transit encryption, to authenticated APIs at each layer, we ensure the protection of customer data.