Increase operational stability when synchronizing data across 19 registries including GSE, Statnett, G-Rex and HKNR
Trade reconciliation and assignment processes tools to make your guarantee of origin trading business efficient.
- Enhance efficiency and transparency from a unified trades view
- Unlock valuable time and focus in what matters the most for your operations
- Eliminate repetitive processes when assigninging guarantee of origin certificates for delivery.
Maximize your profits and optimize your GO certificates operations with CerQlar’s position management tool
- With an accurate portfolio overview, ensure every part of your inventory is optimized
- Process guarantee of origin positions quickly and securely on a flexible dashboard
- Avoid operational mistakes by organizing your inventory with filters and aggregations
Learn how leading renewable energy companies harnesses automation to future-proof their GO certificates business with CerQlar
Cut errors, save big, unlock potential
Request a demo
Guarantees of Origin are electronic certificates that confirm that the electricity represented by the certificate was produced from a renewable energy source. Each Guarantees of Origin certificate corresponds to one MWh (megawatt hour) of energy.
Guarantees of Origin serve various purposes:
- Control the quality of renewable energy.
- Track ownership of power generated by renewable sources.
- Verify claims made by suppliers regarding the renewable energy they utilize.
- Ensure each MWh of energy is only sold and used once.
Guarantees of Origin can be traded among market participants, serving as documentation for the electricity they provide or consume, and as proof of the power’s origin from renewable energy sources. They are cancelled from the certificate registry once the electricity they represent is consumed or reaches its expiration date.
Guarantees of Origin are electronically issued by accredited issuing bodies under the AIB (Association of Issuing Bodies). These bodies include registries which can be specific to a region, such as HKNR’s UBA from Germany, or more general like Stattnet.
Developed by the AIB, the EECS is a standardized system for European Guarantees of Origin. It ensures that any certificates under its framework are consistent with EU and relevant national laws. The EECS is recognized, reliable, secure, and interoperable.
Participating in the Guarantees of Origin market offers social and environmental benefits. Additionally, with the rising demand for green energy, there’s an expanding economy around the trade of renewable energy certificates. This demand ensures growth in the industry, making it an optimal time to invest in Guarantees of Origin.
With increasing environmental awareness and new climate goals, the demand for green energy and Guarantees of Origin is expected to rise. However, with the growth come challenges like complicated trade workflows. The industry needs technological solutions to enhance trade process efficiency.
CerQlar is a solution developed specifically for the Guarantees of Origin market by its participants. It helps automate post-trade lifecycle workflows, enabling market participants to manage portfolios and make informed trading decisions. CerQlar provides the infrastructure the Guarantees of Origin industry requires to handle its growth.